The word psychometric is formed from the Greek words - mental and measurement. Psychometric test attempt to objectively measure aspects of your mental ability or your personality. You are most likely to encounter psychometric testing as part of the recruitment & selection process. Occupational psychometric tests are designed to provide employers with a reliable method of selecting the most suitable job applicants or candidates for promotion.
|Personality & Interest Tests||Ability Tests|
Measure your way of doing things and specifically the way you interact with your environment and other people.
Measure your ability to perform or carry out different tasks.
Few main reasons of conducting Psychometric analysis are:
1. Candidates May 'Over-Prepare' Resumes.
2. Educational Archievements May Not Indicate Abilites.
3. Candidaates May 'Over-Prepare' for Interview.
4. Interviewer May Show Unacceptable Bias.
5. Lack of References from Previous Jobs.
6. Increased Cost and Legal Risks of Firing.